Single-Origin Drinking Chocolate | 57% Cacao
What is drinking chocolate?
We know hot chocolate. . . now instead of mixing sugar and water with gums or lecithins and 'dutch-processed’ alkalized cocoa powder, imagine each sip 57x more chocolatey, richly nuanced — and mindfully crafted from some of the world's most sought-after organic cacao.
Starting with our first ingredient of house-roasted, single-origin cacao from Reserva Zorzal in the Dominican Republic, slowcocoa drinking chocolate is quite literally molten chocolate in a mug. Our signature vegan 57% dark milk blend, served even slower. And with less sugar than the typical 70% dark bar.
As always, our packaging is 100% compostable, down to the label and vegetable-based ink. Each vacuum-sealed bag is resealable, with enough freshly stone-ground drinking chocolate for up to 8 servings, slowly sippable for up to 12 months' shelf-life.
single-origin, organic Dominican cacao husks. Roasted in-house using 100% wind energy.
Your drinking chocolate can be enjoyed hot or cold (instructions below). For best results, we encourage you to infuse as much intention, joy, and slowness to the preparation as to the final sipping.
1. Scoop 4 tbsp (25g) into a sauce pan & add 1.25 cups of your favorite vegan milk. (We love using oat milk.)
2. Bring to a low simmer.
3. Whisk vigorously until combined and frothy.
4. Pour into a mug, slowly recite a short intention or blessing (optional), and enjoy!
1. Add 4 tbsp (25g) slowcocoa drinking chocolate to a standard glass, at least 12 oz capacity.
2. Melt and whisk with 2oz freshly boiled water.
3. Add 8oz of your favorite vegan milk, then whisk.
4. Top off glass with ice to your liking, slowly sip and enjoy!
For some fun: try blending the product into a smoothie, topping off your favorite vegan ice cream, or even sprinkling it onto vegan yogurt or fresh pancakes. The choco-possibilities are endless!